Volunteer at Ruth’s Closet!
IMMEDIATE VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
Volunteers who become Ruth’s Closet Associates will be involved in many aspects of the operation of Ruth’s Closet, including the following:
- Welcoming customers to Ruth’s Closet and telling them about the House of Ruth Maryland
- Assisting customers with purchases, hanging, tagging, and steaming clothing; tagging shoes and accessories
- Moving bags and boxes of donations from donors’ cars into the shop
- Transporting donations between locations
- Creating and restocking merchandise displays
- Make minor repairs on quality garments needing buttons, seam repair, etc.
- Willingness to work as part of a team, engaging personality, takes initiative
- Provide own transportation
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds and stand for an hour at a time
- Complete HRM volunteer application. Click here to download the application.
- Complete an on-line criminal background check, for a one-time cost of approximately $30.
- Meet with the Ruth’s Closet Store manager for one-on-one orientation and training.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, please contact Faith Savill at 410-554-8449.
House of Ruth Maryland Orientation Sessions for new volunteers are conducted every 4-6 weeks by Faith Savill, Community Relations Specialist for the House of Ruth Maryland (HRM). These one hour sessions include background information about HRM and its programs and services, a brief overview of intimate partner violence dynamics, and information about various volunteer opportunities at HRM. A worthwhile session, strongly recommended for all volunteers, especially for individuals who know little about the House of Ruth and/or are not sure in what capacity they might volunteer. For more information, contact Faith Savill.
Volunteer Training: Volunteers receive supervision, ongoing support and on-the-job training during their volunteer shifts. Periodic meetings with other volunteers are designed to foster connections among volunteers and to provide additional training on topics of interest to volunteers.